A local production company is looking for Ohio State’s least talented students to put their best acts on display at the South Campus Gateway.

JamJam Productions’ No-Talent Talent Gong Show will take place at the Gateway Film Center on Feb. 4 at 8 p.m.

The show is loosely based on a ‘70s game show, “The Gong Show,” in which contestants performed before a panel of celebrity judges who had the power to toss acts they didn’t like off stage.

While the original television program depended on celebrities such as legendary female comedian Phyllis Diller, this event will feature judges from closer to home.

Melissa Starker, director of the Gateway Film Center; John Petric, a writer for The Other Paper; and Jim Maneri, a local musician will judge the entrants, said Jenai Kutcher, director of JamJam Productions.

Participants are encouraged to bring any imaginable talent for display, but they also should beware: acts deemed overly polished, boring or professional may be kicked off stage.

“There are a lot of performers in Columbus who take their work very seriously, but I think there is also something about maybe occasionally not taking yourself so seriously and seeing what can come from that,” Kutcher said.

Kutcher said she has never attempted an event like this before and doesn’t know what to expect, but she hopes to find both a diverse line-up and audience.

“I guess what I’m looking for is originality,” she said.

To further that goal, the show is being marketed to the entire Columbus community.

“I have a populist philosophy when it comes to art and art-making,” Kutcher said. “I look for ways to include as many people as possible.”

She said that amateur participants should know they have nothing to fear from performing in front the crowd.

“I think even the most seasoned professional performer feels stage fright,” Kutcher said. “I know I do.”

Performance submissions are due via e-mail to [email protected]. All submissions must be received by Jan. 25.