The thought of stomping through piles of brown, slushy snow on the way to an 8:30 a.m. class is enough to make many people jam on the snooze button. But to the few who can muster a grin — maybe even a chuckle — in these grim conditions, a new college blog has arisen.

Comedy.com is accepting applications from Ohio State students to become a campus correspondent. One student will be selected and will be paid to write a daily blog post that will be published on the college channel of the site.

Topics may vary, but the posts should provide details and anecdotes that reveal the university’s funny bone.

OSU is one of four Big Ten schools selected to participate, including Michigan, Minnesota and Iowa. There are 12 schools participating.

Students must fill out an online application of about 12 questions. They must write a personal motto, a list of the five funniest things that happened at the school and a “College Top 10” list. The application is due Feb. 26.

While the name of the site gives away its primary purpose, it also is used to teach students about business.

“We want to give a student at Ohio State University an opportunity to work with us, and we’ll help promote and market their posts,” said Matt Komen, senior director of content for Comedy.com.

The college search was conceived as a part of the site’s revamped look that began in August 2009. It is now organized into user-friendly channels that appeal to a person’s particular interests.

Those interests range from stand-up comedians to sitcoms to humorous sports photos and videos. Most of the original content comes from workers at the site or freelance writers.

They monitor what links receive the most views and determine what is popular. A person can scroll to their area of interest and cycle through related material.

“The most popular topics are boobs, kids, animals and Tom Selleck,” Komen said.

He thinks the college blog channel has great potential and believes this is a great opportunity for students. There are a lot of talented and aspiring writers that want to enter the business on campus, but the key is getting the word out to them, he said.

For more information visit comedy.com/college.