Slapstik Entertainment, LLC is holding an open casting call for a new online program called Slapstik Reality TV.

The Columbus-based company wants to give young comics an opportunity to work with national and up-and-coming comedians and to get exposure, Timecha Swain, founder of Slapstik Entertainment, said in an e-mail.

“This is improv comedy,” Swain said. “We are looking for people who can play multiple characters.”

Actors from every background are welcome, and anyone with a good sense of humor will fit in, Swain said.

“If you are a ham, we are looking for you,” Swain said.

Comedians who do well will be called back and given an outline of a skit a week prior to recording; Slapstik Reality TV will record 10 minute episodes weekly.

The show will give aspiring comics in Columbus a new outlet for their talent, Swain said.

Swain, who is sometimes referred to as “Little Oprah” by friends, started the independent entertainment company two years ago to branch out into multimedia after becoming a magazine publisher.

Slapstik magazine is published by Swain’s parent company, Mecha Media, LLC. It targets young audiences, aged 21 and up, and aims to help readers relieve stress, according to the Web site.

She hopes to advertise Slapstik Reality TV through the magazine and drive people to the company’s Web site, she said.

Slapstik Entertainment also hosts a radio show on their Web site, slapstik.com.

Swain was a communication student at Columbus State Community College and wrote for the school newspaper, but it wasn’t until her friends encouraged her to start her own magazine that she began focusing on comedy.

“Unfortunately, without any regrets, I didn’t finish college,” she said. “So I’m like Kanye West.”

Slapstik almost began as a women’s magazine, but Swain said it was too repetitious.

“I thought about what I like to do — something easy, fun and different — which is comedy,” she said.

Swain finds humor in everything she does and wants her readers to get as much joy out of life, she said.

“I’m a goofy individual myself. I crack myself up,” Swain said. “But kids make me laugh the most. I love those little creatures.”

Swain has two sons ages 10 and 12, and the three call Ohio home.

“I’ve lived everywhere,” she said. “I’ve tried New York. I’ve tried the whole thing … I think I’ll always have a house in Columbus, and I’ll just travel whenever I need to.”

Swain interned with MTV, promoted for Comedy Central and worked with the Funny Bone Comedy Club.

She is interested in many facets of comedy including newspaper comics, stand-up and viral videos, according to the Web site.

Auditions will start at 11 a.m. Jan. 30 in the auditorium of the main branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library located at 96 S. Grant Ave. Interested comedians can also audition Feb. 13.