Senior Andrea Walker has seen it all in her four years playing basketball at Ohio State, but this season has been her most productive yet.

Walker has already matched or surpassed her highest career output in rebounds, points and assists with six games still remaining, but her stat line won’t be compared with the best players in the nation.

Walker has played backup to two of the best centers in OSU history while on the team: Jessica Davenport and junior Jantel Lavender.

“I don’t really care about minutes. As long as our team is winning, I’m happy here,” Walker said. “I think that I’ve gotten better playing against the best centers.”

Walker’s 6-foot-5-inch frame allows her to dominate smaller players while on the floor, but it also helps her to push Lavender to the brink in practice to help her get better. Sometimes, it can become a little more than just a practice.

“I think there have been days where me and [Walker] get really physical. We get mad at each other sometimes,” Lavender said. “I think we make each other better everyday … because we always play each other hard.”

Walker also has to play the role of senior, one of only four on the team, to help get OSU through the tough times of the season, like the past couple weeks.

She does so not only with her words, but also her play, as she recorded 28 minutes and 15 points, her highest totals of the season, in OSU’s 67-62 loss to Indiana on Jan. 31.

Walker has really been part of the rise of OSU women’s basketball. Since her freshman year, OSU has had 100 wins and 19 losses and has made the NCAA Tournament each year. Her freshman and sophomore years, OSU was ousted in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, but in her junior year they advanced to the Sweet 16.

Although she doesn’t make headlines, her team feels that people don’t understand how good she really is.

“I think people don’t give her enough praise and attention. I think she’s long and can block shots,” Lavender said. “People don’t give her enough attention as far as recognizing her abilities to defend the post and alter people’s shots. She can score in the post just as well as anybody.”

Walker has had better averages in almost every statistical category since starting Big Ten play, one of only a few players on the team to do so.

The Buckeyes will need her production to continue as they enter a tough stretch in their schedule over the next five games when they face Purdue, Wisconsin and Michigan State. OSU lost to Purdue once already and didn’t put away Wisconsin or Michigan State until late in the game when they last played.