This year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees have prepared for this honor for many years. Now the museum is preparing for them.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland is setting up exhibits and organizing events for the 2010 induction class. On March 15 it will host a viewing party for the ceremony, something the museum has done every year since it opened in 1995. People who attend can watch the ceremony on large screens located throughout the museum.

The ceremony celebrates individuals and bands who have shaped rock ‘n’ roll music. Some of the most notable inductees in this year’s class include ABBA, Genesis and The Stooges.

“It is a very eclectic class of inductees,” said Meredith Rutledge, assistant curator for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Besides preparing for the viewing party, the museum is also busy working on individual exhibits that display popular memorabilia from a band or individual’s career. The exhibits will remain open until next year’s induction.

Preparing for the exhibits is a difficult job, Rutledge said. After selecting the inductees, curators at the museum have about two months to collect memorabilia from the artists or collectors.

Due to the demanding time constraints, only a couple exhibits will be completed by the March 15 viewing party. Exhibits for The Stooges and Reggae singer Jimmy Cliff will be completed on time.

“I really think that The Stooges are going to be a real crowd-pleasing favorite,” Rutledge said.

The Stooges, who originated in Michigan, are likely to receive a lot of visitors due to their close proximity and its popularity in the region.

While the bands are usually the most easily recognized, Rutledge thinks this is a great year for songwriters as well.

“The songwriters are people who maybe our average visitor wouldn’t be so familiar with, but as soon as they see the songs these people have written, they will understand why they have been inducted,” she said.

New York City is hosting the ceremony as usual, but a new plan is being worked out that might allow Cleveland to host it once every three years.

Cleveland hosted the event in 1997 and last year, but has never been part of a regular rotation. If this deal is approved, the city will likely host again in 2012.

For now, however, people going to Cleveland will have to rely on live feeds and giant screens to see the ceremony. Anyone can attend the viewing party. Tickets are $5.