Usually when someone is getting jumped on by a group of men it is a bad thing. For freshman Logan Schuss, though, getting jumped on was a good thing.

“At first it wasn’t the best; I couldn’t breathe. But after that it was good,” Schuss said.

Schuss was at the center of his team’s overwhelming celebration after Ohio State’s men’s lacrosse team won in overtime Saturday 11-10, after blowing a three-goal lead. Coach Nick Myers constantly encourages team to play a full 60 minutes each time out, but on Saturday they needed a little extra.

With the score tied at the end of regulation, the Buckeyes went into sudden-death overtime. One minute and 10 seconds into the overtime, Schuss was able to find the back of the net for the win.

“There’s no love for each other, so it’s always nice to come out and beat these kids,” senior goalie Brandon Freeman said.

The Buckeyes were able to get the win, but it didn’t come easy.

OSU only trailed once in the game when the score was 1-0, but they were never able to pull away.

“We knew going into the game there was going to be a run,” Myers said.

On multiple occasions, the Buckeyes had two-goal leads and once had a three-goal lead, but Penn State fought back each time. The Buckeyes even had a two-goal lead with less than three minutes to go in the game, but they were unable to close out the Nittany Lions.

Myers said he told his team to hang in there. He told them it would take heart and hustle to win the game.

OSU was out-shot by Penn State by 24 and won nine fewer face-offs.

Schuss was named conference Rookie of the Week last week and he threw his name back in the mix for next week’s award. Along with the game-winning goal, Schuss assisted on four other goals.

Along with Schuss, senior Mario Ventiquattro brought his “A” game. Ventiquattro was able to find the back of the net four times.

The Buckeyes got the win, but not without injuries. Midway through the fourth quarter, Matt Kawamoto suffered a shoulder injury.

With the win, the Buckeyes will take a two-game win streak on the road to play Robert Morris on Tuesday.