Megan Miller made an instant impression in her 2007 freshman season and has left an even bigger impact as she exits in her 2010 senior season.

Miller, a four-year starting pitcher, has started 30 career games as a Buckeye. She has won seven of the eight games she started this season.

Coach Linda Kalafatis noted that Miller is a quiet leader, but gets things done when she’s on the mound.

“Our team goal is to go to Oklahoma City,” Miller said. “It’s my goal to do everything it takes to get us there whether it’s supporting the other pitchers or doing my job out there.”

The team sports bracelets that read: One Team. One Goal. Mission: Oklahoma City.
The Buckeyes are well on the path to the College World Series in Oklahoma City with an 18-10 start to the season and 2-0 in conference play.  

In 53 innings pitched this season, Miller has allowed only 18 earned runs. Her main focus is “one pitch at a time,” Miller said.   

Miller’s current ERA is 2.38, a vast improvement from her decent showing during her freshman season, when she had an ERA of 4.32. Such a strong first season with the Buckeyes gave Miller confidence.

“It’s a great experience as a freshman to get a lot of games in, and I can only grow from that,” Miller said.

It was also in her first season when Miller earned her top accomplishment as a Buckeye.

“My biggest accomplishment I’ve had is winning the Big Ten my freshman year,” Miller said. “It was great to be a part of the first team to accomplish that.”

Kalafatis has seen Miller’s progression over the past four years and has seen her mature immensely. 

“She has developed some other pitches which has helped her, and having the time to really [hone] her skills has worked to her advantage,” Kalafatis said.  

Last season Miller took to the mound in twelve games and recorded victories for the Buckeyes in five in which she started.  

However, Miller had already tasted success before becoming a Buckeye. A graduate of El Camino Real High School in Woodland Hills, Calif., she led the Conquistadors to a 2005 State Championship as well as back-to-back undefeated seasons.

Miller was also an asset on the Valley Breeze Gold club softball team in 2006 when it placed fourth at Nationals.

Miller will start in one of the two games today when the Buckeyes take on Ohio University in a doubleheader at Buckeye Field at 5 and 7 p.m.