Natural Light and Pabst Blue Ribbon are staples of college parties, but they are not always satisfying for beer fans.

Wild Goose Creative will hold Beer Camp for beer connoisseurs, an event celebrating beer and its creative uses.

No one will be playing beer pong, but competition is an integral part of Beer Camp.

There are four competitions: home-brewed beer, beer cuisine, beer-inspired art and label design for Neil House Brewery’s Scottish Ale.

“There’s a talent in home-brewing beer yourself, and we want to highlight people in the community that are doing that sort of thing,” said Amanda Anderson, a board member for Wild Goose Creative.

Beers will include ales, stouts and lagers, so there will be something for every beer fan, Anderson said.

Participants do not have to enter a contest to attend.

Representatives from the Columbus Brewing Company restaurant will distribute a pint glass and eight sample tickets worth four ounces of beer each to guests.

Cheese samples will be available with advice on which cheeses go best with which beers.

Artwork will be on display on the perimeter of the room. Submissions in the competition include a knitted beer cozy and a painting made with beer ink.

Kyle Sowash, a local independent musician, will perform a Beer Camp song that he will write specifically for the event.

Judges for the competitions are people from the community.

Emma Christensen from The Columbus Dispatch, Johnny DiLoretto from Fox 28, Robin Oats of Spindle Studios and Carmen Owens from Surly Girl Saloon, among others, will judge the various competitions.

At 1 p.m. before Beer Camp begins, a parade will travel from Wild Goose Creative on Summit Street to Indianola Avenue and Hudson Street, then back to Summit Street.

Participants can enter floats, and at least one person will be dressed as a beer bottle, Anderson said.

Beer Camp was inspired by the success of Bacon Camp, which Wild Goose held last summer.

Jim Ellison of CMHgourmand.com, a blog about dining in Columbus, suggested an event focused on beer.

Members of Wild Goose thought Beer Camp would be a popular event to unite the community, so the event came into fruition, Anderson said.

She said participating in the events at Wild Goose have helped her become part of the community.

“Prior to Wild Goose, I could only say, ‘Hey I like your restaurant,'” she said. “Now I can give them an opportunity to show their art and I’ve been able to meet people and have conversations with people that I never had anything to offer before.”

Events at WGC work to promote creativity in Columbus.

It is a non-profit organization that began in 2006 with six college students and a love for art.

Wild Goose has not reached capacity for any of the competitions, so interested people are encouraged to submit an application form on the Web site.

Beer Camp is March 28 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Tickets are $12 each and guests must be at least 21 to attend. There are 100 total tickets available.

Wild Goose is located at 2491 Summit St.

For more information, visit wildgoosecreative.com.