Ohio State used seven two-out runs to top Indiana 10-8 Sunday in the deciding game of the three-game series at Bill Davis Stadium.

A bases-loaded throwing error in the first inning by Indiana catcher Dylan Swift got the scoring started for the Buckeyes, who claimed a 4-1 lead in the first.

Errors by left fielder Zach Hurley and second baseman Cory Kovanda in the fourth inning allowed the Hoosiers to get back in the game, and a solo home run from Indiana designated hitter Josh Lyon tied the game at five in the top of the fifth inning.

“Once they tied the game, I came in and said that we got to quit fighting ourselves,” said Brian DeLucia, who went 3-for-3 with 4 RBI. “We need to play to get on the bases instead of playing to hit home runs and doubles and triples. Our main focus needs to be to produce runs.”

The Buckeyes seemed to listen to DeLucia, as they responded with three of their two-out runs in the fifth. DeLucia, Matt Streng and Tyler Engle each had an RBI in the inning.

Wild pitching from Indiana allowed the Buckeyes to add two runs to their lead in the sixth.

Two Buckeyes reached base on walks, and two more were struck by pitches in the inning.

Indiana tacked on two runs in the seventh and came within feet of two more as Tyler Roger’s fly ball was caught at the wall.

A solo home run in the ninth gave the Hoosiers some hope, but their comeback effort fell short.

It was a much-needed bounce-back win for OSU, who fell to Indiana 6-4 in extra innings in an error-filled game Saturday.

“We needed to show some mental toughness, and I think they did that,” coach Bob Todd said.

The Buckeyes moved to 3-2 in the conference with the win.

They have the week off and will begin a three-game series with the Big Ten-leading Michigan State Spartans at 3 p.m. Friday in East Lansing, Mich.