Tiger Woods returns to the course on Thursday after being away from competition for five months. In a press conference on Monday, Woods expressed his excitement to return to the course and was well received in the practice rounds. Woods is paired with K.J. Choi and Matt Kuchar. Woods has been paired with Choi 12 times and Kuchar twice. The threesome will tee off from the first hole at Augusta National at 1:42 p.m. Thursday and 10:35 a.m. Friday.

Donovan McNabb was introduced Tuesday as the new quarterback of the Washington Redskins. McNabb, sporting a No. 5 Redskins jersey, is in the negotiation stage with the Redskins on a contract extension. McNabb has one year left on his 12-year, $115 million contract that he signed with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski denies any interest in the New Jersey Nets coaching job. The Bergen Record reports that the Nets’ new owner, Mikhail Prokhorov, is targeting Coach K. Even if Prokhorov offers Coach K more than $12 million, making him the highest-paid coach in the NBA ahead of Phil Jackson, Krzyzewski maintained that he would not be leaving Duke. Coach K was offered the head coaching position with the Lakers in 2004, but opted to remain with the Blue Devils.

Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers allegedly tried to carry a semiautomatic handgun through airport security over the weekend. The police report states that the gun had seven bullets in the magazine and one in the chamber, but was on safe mode. Rogers has pleaded not guilty to the charges. In an apology to his team and fans, Rogers claims he forgot the gun was in his carry-on bag when he went through security at the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.