After taking down two league foes by a score of 3-0 in each match this past weekend, the No. 13 Ohio State men’s volleyball team is now just one victory away from its fourth-straight Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association title.

OSU welcomed the No. 11 Loyola University Chicago Ramblers into St. John Arena on Friday for a battle between the top two teams in the conference.

Led by 17 kills from sophomore Shawn Sangrey, the Buckeyes were able to make quick work of the Ramblers, winning in three straight sets and handing Loyola its first league loss of the year.

OSU hoped to maintain its momentum as it turned its sights toward the Lewis University Flyers on Saturday night.

The first set was tight throughout, but the Buckeyes were able to squeak it out by a score of 32-30 to take a 1-0 lead. Able to capitalize on the early momentum gained through its first set win, OSU was able to take the second game as well, 30-25.

“Getting that first win was important to continue the momentum in game two, and once we had them down 2-0, as long as we played good, it was going to be hard for them to catch up,” said OSU coach Pete Hanson.

This proved to be the case as the Buckeyes wrapped up the match by taking the third set with relative ease by a count of 30-21. Once again, Sangrey led the way offensively with 25 kills for OSU, who rides an eight-game winning streak into its final weekend of competition.

With just two matches remaining, OSU (18-7 overall, 10-1 MIVA) will host No. 15 Ball State on Friday night. A win would ensure the team at least a share of the MIVA regular season title.

“Ball State is a rivalry game just because of the history between the two programs over the years, and it will be a good match,” Hanson said. “There is no doubt the kids will be ready.”