The Ohio State-Purdue game is set for 12 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 3 in Ohio Stadium and is the 2010 Homecoming game for OSU. The Buckeyes will seek revenge after falling to the Boilermakers last season 26-18.

Men’s volleyball senior Ted Schoenfeldt was named the Sports Imports/AVCA Division I-II National Player of the Week for the second time in his career and was named Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association Offensive Player of the Week. Schoenfeldt added three kills in the fifth set of the MIVA Tournament to secure the victory over Loyola-Chicago, giving the Buckeyes an automatic bid to the NCAA Championship semifinals. Schoenfeldt recorded a career-high 12 blocks in the same match. Mik Berzins was named the Midwestern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association Defensive Player of the Week for the third time this season. Berzins recorded a .985 serve receptions percentage in the MIVA Tournament.

The No. 4 men’s tennis team will face Western Michigan in the first round of the NCAA tournament May 14-16.

The American Lacrosse Conference named Annie Carruthers Goalie of the Year Tuesday. Carruthers’ 22 saves against Northwestern ranks her in second-most career saves of any NCAA goalie in 2010. Carruthers and Kelly Haggerty were named All-ALC First Team, while Alayna Markwordt earned second-team honors.