Five organizations on campus will collaborate to help fight hunger through the Feed Ohio’s Future benefit concert.

The event will be held at 8 p.m. Thursday in the Union’s Archie M. Griffin Grand Ballroom. All proceeds will be donated to The Children’s Hunger Alliance of Ohio. The concert will include performances from Theophilus London, CJ Townsend and P. Blackk, Stretch Lefty and Bassel.

Alpha Kappa Psi and Alpha Phi Omega, a helped plan the event by handling the business and service aspect of the project. Responsibility for the music and production side of the show was shared by Music Entertainment Student Associates, Musicians Collective and Young Musicians Charity Organization.

Project coordinator for the event Bassel Al-Madani said the entire group met every Sunday to prepare for the show.

“Last year was our start-up year,” Al-Madani said. “We have way more student resources this year.”

One of those resources is university funds. Al-Madani said with all the funds accounted for, it left more time open for planning rather than fundraising.

But the event faced some obstacles.

“We have had to switch the event date, location, and almost lost our artists,” Al-Madani said. But that only made those involved care more, he said.

The biggest of these obstacles was securing the Ohio Union, Al-Madani said. He said there was a lot of competition for the venue.

“Despite the hundreds of events the Union does every day, when it came down to it, they supported us to make sure we have a successful event,” Al-Madani said.

Al-Madani emphasized that everyone involved has a passion for the cause.

“This year, the bands really have a vested interest in the benefit,” Al-Madani said.

Organizers for the event considered many charities. Al-Madani said going with a smaller charity offered the group a better opportunity for a larger impact.

Al-Mandani praised the selection of musicians who will perform at the show.

“All of the groups are extremely versatile,” Al-Madani said. “They can get any type of crowd excited.”

The concert will open with Bassel. Bassel has an indie-folk style, Al-Mandani said.

“The rest of the show has mostly MCs or DJs,” Al-Madani said. The goal in choosing artists was to bring in groups who have a good following and can also perform well in the ballroom, Al-Madani said.

There will be merchandise for sale. Al-Madani also said he is hoping a speaker from The Children’s Hunger Alliance will come and say a few words to kick off the event.

With a fundraising goal of $5,000 to $7,000, Al-Madani said he is certain the event will have a large impact on The Children’s Hunger Alliance.

The project does not stop after the concert. The members of each of the five sponsoring organizations will be going to the West Side Boys and Girls Club to help with any repairs to the facility.

Al-Mandani said, “It’s really important to see the direct impact that you’re making through the money you raise.”