For the second time since April, Ohio State football recruit Jamel Turner has been shot, according to police. This time, Turner’s injuries sustained are much more serious, as Turner was initially listed in critical condition and the 17-year-old girl he was with was killed.

The Columbus Dispatch reported Sunday that Turner survived the night and was upgraded to stable condition.

Turner, 18, and 17-year-old Tracy Banks were both shot multiple times Saturday morning in Youngstown. Police said Turner was found lying near a stop sign at an intersection outside of the house in which Banks’ body was found.

The linebacker/defensive end recruit played at Fork Union (Va.) Military Academy after transferring from Ursuline High School in Youngstown, where he was declared ineligible before his senior year.

He was shot twice April 17 while riding as a passenger in a car that contained marijuana and several guns, according to the police report. Turner downplayed the incident on his personal Facebook page, writing that he “just got hit twice is all” and that he “still can play football so its all gravy.”

His Facebook page has since been deactivated.

OSU coach Jim Tressel issued a statement, saying, “I’m so sad to hear of Jamel’s misfortune. I have not communicated with Jamel, but am certainly praying for him at this time.”

Stay tuned to www.thelantern.com for further updates.