After an extensive summer tour with The Offspring, 311 finds itself back inside the studio and about to embark on its fall 2010 tour of 13 cities, including a conceptual Halloween show. The final destination will be the studio, where the band will return to finish its 10th album.

More than 15 years in the making, the band still finds it important to drive toward perfecting the art of writing music.  

“I think within any band you’ve got these creative dynamics, and then working within those dynamics. That’s the whole art to it,” said S.A. Martinez, 311 DJ and vocalist. “Everyone’s finding their own space to express themselves, which is the trick. It’s really the essential ingredient to making great music.”  

Running with the momentum gained from writing 311’s previous studio album, “Uplifter,” and with producer Bob Rock, who has also worked with Metallica and Aerosmith, back on board, the band is ready to meld all of its musical ideas into the new album.

Aside from coming out with a new record, 311 is looking forward to starting its fall tour, which begins Oct. 14 in Nashville, Tenn. As performing artists, they have accumulated fans through the love of playing live.  

“Playing live every night, that’s where everything happens. (That’s) where the reputation has been made,” Martinez said.

The fall tour will end on Oct. 31 in Atlanta, Ga., with a Halloween-themed show. The concert will include the band performing its first album, “Music.”  

Another new leap for 311 will be a cruise this spring. The band will play three different shows during its four-day excursion aboard a Carnival cruise ship, as well as take part in a question-and-answer session for the guests by the pool.  

“It’s all about giving fans something different that they haven’t experienced before,” Martinez said. “That goes along way. It’s great for the fans, it’s great for the band.”