Giving back to the community is something to sing about for choir members of the Harmony Project — one of the recipients at the Bridge Builders Awards tonight at Lincoln Theatre.

The Center For Healthy Families will formally introduce itself to Columbus by holding the first Bridge Builders Awards ceremony, recognizing the Harmony Project and Michael G. Morris, chairman, president and CEO of AEP, for their community work.

A live conversation with Ramona “Sapphire” Lofton, author of the novel “Push,” which inspired the 2009 film “Precious,” is planned during the program from 7 to 8 p.m.

The Harmony Project is a nonprofit service organization that uses art to bring people together to strengthen the Columbus community. David Brown directs the project.

The Center for Healthy Families “attended our concerts, saw diversity and breaking of social barriers,” Brown said, “which is what they’re all about.”

Project Harmony is known for its diverse 150-voice choir, in which members are required to complete community service.

“If you don’t serve, you don’t sing,” Brown said.

Megan Stevens, director of volunteer services at Franklin County Children Services, will work with Brown this holiday season for the Harmony Project’s Hope for the Holidays toy drive to benefit Children Services’ Holiday Wish program.

“David is high energy, enthusiastic and excited to be part of something positive that gives back to the community,” Stevens said.

Weekly rehearsals aside, this time of year the Harmony Project is working on Project Hope, an effort to connect under-served children in Columbus who lack music resources at their local schools and communities with of community-funded arts programs.

“Today the kids will be learning to be chefs,” Brown said. “Photographers will be visiting tomorrow so they will all get their own disposable cameras.”

On Nov. 21, the Harmony Project will host a dinner where a priest, imam and rabbi will represent their religions — a different take on Thanksgiving. All the proceeds will go to the Mid-Ohio Food Bank.

The Center For Healthy Families will recognize Morris during the reception alongside the Harmony Project for being a community leader.

Sapphire’s keynote speech is open to the public for $20.

The fundraiser for the Center for Healthy Families includes the reception at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are available at the Ohio Theatre box office for $100.