Kings of Leon’s newest album, “Come Around Sundown,” sounds like a continuation of the band’s previous album, “Only By the Night,” which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Many rock bands have received criticism for maintaining a stagnant sound across multiple albums. The Strokes, who “discovered” Kings of Leon and invited them on tour in 2005, received negative reviews on its second album, “Room on Fire,” because it sounded as if it were “Is This It” version 2.0.

But “Come Around Sundown” is like finding 13 bonus tracks more than two years after purchasing “Only By the Night.”

Producer Jacquire King brings his influence to “Come Around Sundown.” He has worked with big-name artists such as Modest Mouse and Tom Waits.  

The first single off the new album is “Radioactive,” which is just as intoxicating as it sounds. In the all-together-now style fans have come to adore, the three Followill brothers and their cousin do not disappoint by joining together to sing themselves into a passionate and catchy chorus of “It’s in the water, it’s where you came from.”

The songs are a basic set-up, as it has always been: a rolling bass-line of eighth notes and strong octaves, driven by intricate drum beats, a rhythm guitar playing a simple yet catchy riff, the lead ripping off a few high notes to make it pop and lead vocalist Caleb Followill crooning with an endearing southern touch.

For those stuck on the electric fence about Kings of Leon because of an extremist hatred for anything resembling country music, avoid the song “Back Down South.”

As the title suggests, the lovable kings take the sound down South with a bit of soul and a lot of nostalgic whiskey-talk.

However, there aren’t any songs as distinct or radio-appealing as “Sex on Fire” or “Revelry”  or “Be Somebody,” and certainly nothing as shockingly unique as “Trani” or “Charmer” or “King of the Radio,” it’s still an album fit for kings.