Cartoon artist Art Spiegelman managed to draw a crowd of roughly 500 to the Wexner Center despite obstacles caused by President Barack Obama’s visit to campus Sunday.

The event, which started at 3 p.m. and lasted about an hour-and-a-half, was deemed a success by Jerry Dannemiller, director of marketing and communication at the Wexner Center.

Dannemiller said entering and exiting the event was not particularly difficult, despite the Center’s close proximity to the Oval.

“There were security guards and perimeters set up outside, so getting there wasn’t as easy as it usually is, but it wasn’t hectic at all,” he said.

The event’s attendees were directed to enter via the High Street entrance, because the College Road entrance was closed off.

Rachel Weiskittle, a second-year in psychology and studio art who attended the presentation, agreed that getting in and out of the Wexner Center was not problematic. However, she did leave the event early to attend the rally.

“If Obama hadn’t been here I would have stayed the whole time,” she said.

Dannemiller said he did not receive complaints from any of the event’s 470 attendees.

“I was there when people were filing in, and it was, all in all, a normal event. No one was rushed or seemed frantic, and no one was complaining,” he said

Overall, Dannemiller said he does not think the rally was a detriment to the success of the Wexner Center’s event.

“I’m sure there were a few people who might have stayed away, but if they did then they missed a great event. We were well-prepared and it turned out great,” he said.