Play ‘em

Shaun Hill (Detroit): Quarterback Matthew Stafford is hurt once again, which opens up the window of opportunity for Hill. Last week, Hill threw for 323 yards with one touchdown and one interception. Hill has now thrown for 300 yards or more yards in three games this season. Throw in the fact that Hill plays the Cowboys (21st-ranked pass defense), and Hill should be considered a starter, especially for teams fighting for a playoff spot or in need quarterback help.

Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburgh): Roethlisberger is coming off his best game statistically, last week against New England, when he had 387 yards with three touchdowns and one interception. Granted, the Steelers had to play catch up, but it was still impressive. Potentially losing Hines Ward to a head injury could decrease Big Ben’s value, but Mike Wallace is emerging as a solid wide receiver. Although Roethlisberger faces the second-best pass defense of Oakland, he had relative success against the Black Hole last year, throwing for 278 yards with two touchdowns and one interception.

Peyton Hillis (Cleveland): Hillis had a slight setback in Week 10 against the Jets, with 82 rushing yards, one touchdown and a lost fumble. With that touchdown, Hillis has now found the end zone in all but one of the Browns’ nine games. Expect Hillis to get back on track against a Jacksonville defense that surrenders 115 rushing yards per game.

Jamaal Charles (Kansas City): The Broncos did a nice job bottling up Charles last week, holding him to 14 carries for 41 yards. However, Charles managed 80 yards receiving with a touchdown. Going forward, Charles will continue to split carries with Thomas Jones but will be the focal point in the Chiefs’ offense. Consider Charles a No. 1 fantasy running back this week against Arizona, which allows the second-most fantasy points to opposing running backs and is coming off a 91-yard, touchdown performance by the Bucs’ LaGarrette Blount.

Dez Bryant (Dallas): One player benefiting from Tony Romo’s injury has been Bryant. Last week, Bryant had 104 yards and a touchdown. As long as Jon Kitna is the starting quarterback, Bryant will remain a better option than Miles Austin. This week, Bryant faces a Lions defense that allows 233 passing yards per game. Bryant makes a solid No. 2 fantasy wide receiver option this week.

Marques Colston (New Orleans): After a slow start to the 2010 season, Colston is starting to produce. In Week 9 against Carolina, Colston caught eight passes for 65 yards. Expect Colston to find the end zone against Seattle, which allows the sixth-most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers.

Bench ‘em

Matt Schaub (Houston): Schaub received treatment on his knee that forced a trip to the hospital this week. Last week, Schaub threw for 314 yards and two touchdowns against Jacksonville. Don’t expect a repeat performance against the Jets.

Jay Cutler (Chicago): Cutler has potential to be a quality fantasy quarterback because of the Bears’ offense, but has not shown it yet. Last week against Minnesota, Cutler threw for 237 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions. Interceptions continue to be Cutler’s problem; he’s thrown nine. Until the Bears get a go-to receiver, Cutler will struggle.

Matt Forte (Chicago): Forte continues to get a lot of touches but is unable to pile up the yardage. Last week, Forte had 21 carries for 69 yards. Forte is losing goal-line carries to Chester Taylor and has yet to score a touchdown since Week 6 against Seattle. Forte is too inconsistent to start each week.

Brandon Jackson (Green Bay): Jackson showed some versatility in Week 9 against Dallas, with 42 rushing yards, 26 receiving yards and two touchdowns. Jackson won’t put up big numbers against a Vikings defense that allows 100 rushing yards per game and hasn’t allowed a rushing touchdown in two straight games.

Mike Williams (Seattle): Williams had a broken pinkie but still had 145 receiving yards last week. Like Forte, Williams’ problem is inconsistency, with three double-digit receiving games versus four games with fewer than two catches. Williams’ production will dip if Matt Hasselbeck is not starting. This week, Williams faces a Saints defense that allows the fewest amount of fantasy points per game to opposing wide receivers (9).

Chad Ochocinco (Cincinnati): Ocho is battling a shoulder injury but regardless of health, Ocho is a bench player. In his last game against Buffalo, he had three receptions for 48 yards. Also, the Bills have a surprisingly stout pass defense, allowing just 207 yards per game. Expect Terrell Owens to get the majority of the looks against his former team.