Week 16 Play ‘Em Bench ‘Em

Play ‘Em

Josh Freeman (Tampa Bay): Freeman has quietly turned himself into a Top Ten Fantasy quarterback this season, what sophomore slump? For the year, Freeman has 2,959 yards with 18 touchdowns, including an eleven game streak with at least a touchdown. Look for more success from Freeman as he faces the 29th-ranked pass defense of Seattle. Last week, Matt Ryan had 174 yards with three touchdowns against the Seahawks.

LeGarrette Blount (Tampa Bay): Another Buccaneer worth starting is Blount. Last week, Blount had 110 yards with a touchdown. Blount now has three 100-yard performances this season. This week, Blount takes on the Seahawks who allow the fourth-most Fantasy points to opposing running backs and have given up seven touchdowns in their last seven games.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis (New England): Green-Ellis continues to produce despite limited touches. Last week, the Law Firm had six carries for 38 yards and a touchdown. Expect a heavy loud from BGE against the Bills who allow an average of 23 Fantasy points to opposing running backs. Note, Green-Ellis’ last game against Buffalo, 98 yards and a touchdown.

Brandon Marshall (Miami): Marshall recorded double-digit Fantasy points in standard leagues for the first time since Week 6 (106 yards and a touchdown). Marshall should have continued success this week against Detroit (221 passing yards per game). Consider Marshall as a No. 2 Fantasy wide receiver based on this matchup.

Pierre Garcon (Indianapolis): Look who is finally playing to his potential, Mr. Garcon. In his previous two games, Garcon had 14 catches for 149 yards with three touchdowns. Garcon’s role in the Colts’ offense will increase because Austin Collie is injured, once again, with a concussion. Last week, the Raiders’ surrendered 79 yards and a touchdown to the Broncos’ Brandon Lloyd.

Bench ‘Em

Carson Palmer (Cincinnati): Palmer has turned in a disappointing 2010 season, 18 interceptions. Last week, Palmer threw for just 209 yards against the Browns. Those numbers won’t win Fantasy championships, so stash Palmer on your bench. San Diego allows the least amount of points to opposing quarterbacks and throw in the fact that Terrell Owens is on IR and Chad Ocho Cinco is banged up, Palmer is not worth starting.

Jonathan Stewart (Carolina): As I wrote in the previous article, Stewart is the only Panther worth owning but not this week against Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh owns the No. 1 rush defense, 63 yards per game, and allowed a total of 89 yards to both Jets’ running backs, Tomlinson and Greene last week. Stewart has saved some seasons but consider other options this week.

Peyton Hillis (Cleveland): It looks like Hillis has hit his ceiling. Hillis has scored once in his last five games and has been held under 60 yards in two of his last three games. Now, Hillis faces a Ravens’ defense that allows the sixth-fewest Fantasy points to opposing running backs. Consider Hillis a low-end No. 2 running back against Baltimore.

Mario Manningham (New York): Last week, Manningham had a solid game against the Eagles (113 yards and two touchdowns). This week, Manningham could be slowed by a heel injury and the Packers’ defense. Green Bay ranks 3rd in pass defense and allow an average of 14 Fantasy points to opposing wide receivers. Manningham is expected to play but look for a mediocre game from him.