Rumors swirled this week that America’s sweetheart, Taylor Swift, might be coming to Columbus on June 7.  

According to Swift’s website, she is scheduled to hit Columbus with her “Speak Now” tour during spring exams. She has not announced a venue yet.

Leslie Lane, marketing director for the Schottenstein Center, said she will not confirm Swift is coming.

“She has not announced yet,” Lane said. “There have been a bunch of rumors lately but we will know next week for sure.”

Swift’s tour starts Feb. 9 in Singapore and ends Oct. 29 in Lexington, Ky., according to her website.

The 21-year-old country star will be performing at 79 different locations and 13 of those are already sold out, according to her website.  

Ohio State students were pleased with the news. Krizzia Yanga, a second-year in international business, said she was excited.

“I think I heard about that and I’m actually kind of psyched,” Yanga said. “Depending on ticket prices, I may go.”

Ryan Hubbard, a fourth-year in psychology, agreed with Yanga.  

“I think it’s so great she picked Columbus,” Hubbard said. “My 9-year-old niece absolutely loves her. So I may have to just invite her to campus for the concert.”

Swift’s most recent album, “Speak Now,” came out on Oct. 25 and sold more than a million copies in its first week out.

The album has sold about 4.4 million copies worldwide in 2010, and almost 2.96 million in the U.S. alone, according to Billboard.com.  

On Tuesday, the Academy of Country Music nominated Swift for four awards, including Female Vocalist of the Year, Entertainer of the Year and Album of the Year for artist and producer.

She also won a People’s Choice Award for Favorite Country Artist on Jan. 5.

Swift was also named Billboard & Nielsen SoundScan’s top-selling artist of the year for the third consecutive year, according to her website.

Swift last stopped in Columbus at the Schottenstein Center in 2009.