This winter, warm up with cozy cable knit accessories. Keep your ears comfortable with Eskimo-inspired hats and earmuffs. The cold weather is all about bundling up and feeling snug on the long walk across campus.

Scarves are essential for any snowy day, and the bigger the better. Chunky knits are the perfect material for below-freezing temperatures. The thick fabric will protect your neck and face from the bitter wind. Try wearing a “circle scarf” instead of the standard plaid one. Wrap it around twice for a thick and cozy look or treat it as a long comfy necklace while in class. It can be worn under a coat or over a jacket to look like a big collar.

Switch out your headphones for a super-soft pair of earmuffs. Channel your inner-Eskimo with lots of fur and neutral colors. These come in materials like cable knit, suede, leather and velour, and in all shapes and sizes. For a glamorous look, opt for oversized earmuffs with lots of fur that fit over your head. A more sporty personality requires a pair that has no fur and wraps around the back of your head.

If earmuffs are not your thing, maybe you’re more of a hat person. There are many options for you in this department. A beret is a great feminine alternative to a basic beanie. It goes perfectly with a pea coat and looks chic and sophisticated. For a more edgy look, try a slouchy beanie. While it can be hard to pull off, it can be paired with just about any jacket or coat. If it’s really cold, stay extra warm with an earflap hat. These may look silly on the mannequin, but they can look cute with the right hairstyle. Make sure you wear your hair down or in a low ponytail.

This season’s gloves are all about being touch-screen and text-friendly. Fingerless gloves are now acceptable for every occasion. Wear them to class, a party or work. You can find them in wool, knits and cashmere. These gloves also come bedazzled if you’re looking for a little extra glitz. Try wearing gloves in bright hues like purple, green or red.

Hand warmers are a funky alternative to gloves. They don’t cover as much of your fingers, but they’re good for warmer winter weather and perfect for holding onto your travel coffee mug in the morning. Although these are a bit pricey, they are becoming a new trend.

Scarves, hats and gloves are some of the best things that come along with the chilly winter weather, but feel free to try something new like earmuffs or hand warmers. These accessories tend to be very affordable and can change the look of your entire outfit. When you find the ones that suit you best, you’ll be begging Mother Nature to let it snow.