I don’t know about all of you, but I am definitely ready for warmer weather and some sun. Unfortunately, it looks like the gray skies and snow are here for a little longer. In the meantime, try some of these ideas to bring springtime to your closet now.

Floral patterns are a closet staple the coming season. You can wear them with everything, and they come in all color palettes, styles and sizes. Opt for larger prints on form-fitting shirts, and smaller prints on flowy peasant tops or tunics. Wear a rose-colored pattern floral tank under a solid color cardigan on Valentine’s Day for a romantic look that will keep you warm and cozy. A vintage, floral-pattern button-down shirt with skinny jeans and riding boots will give you a cute, country-girl look, while still keeping you winter weather appropriate.

This spring is all about pastels and creamy colors. In small doses, they compliment neutral, cold weather colors perfectly. A pale blue T-shirt under a chunky black or brown sweater brightens up your entire outfit. Try wearing pastel-colored accessories too. A light pink belt cinched over a little black dress adds a subtle burst of color to cheer up your look. For an everyday pop of color, choose a periwinkle or buttercup-colored handbag or a pastel-colored linen scarf.

If you’re apprehensive about adding too much color to your wardrobe too soon, start with nail polish. Lavender looks flattering against almost any skin tone and is less predictable than your basic pink. Try colors like Essie’s “Lilacism” or “Nice is nice.” Maybe neutral colors are more your style. Sandy beiges are a lighter alternative to the dark chocolate browns used all winter long. Some colors to look for are Essie’s “Sand tropez” and OPI’s “Samoan sand.”

Jewelry can be an affordable way to enhance your look and make you feel effortlessly chic. Bright-colored accessories will add that touch of sunshine to your look on even the snowiest day. You can find vibrantly colored or even flower studs in light pinks and blues at stores like Forever 21 or Target. Big hoop earrings come in all sorts of colors and prints. Try girly, rose-printed earrings or neon blue or yellow ones. Charm bracelets and necklaces are perfect for spring. You can find sweet-colored charms that range from letters to shoes to bananas. These accessories are fun and can be as creative as you want them to be.

The important thing to remember about springing ahead is that too much color or flowers might clash with your outerwear and snow boots. That being said, wear these prints and pastels in ways that work for you. If you’re happy with the look you’ve created, own it. Warm clothes don’t have to be bulky and bland, sometimes all you need is a pop of color or a touch of floral to heat up in the winter.