Normally, the hosts of a popular talk-radio show talk about sports on a quiet set with only a few production assistants in the room.

On Thursday, ESPN’s “Mike and Mike” talked sports in front of about 800 spectators in the Archie Griffin ballroom at the Ohio Union.

In an Ohio Union Activities Board event, Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic appeared at an interactive sports discussion covering everything from the Cleveland sports scene to whether there should be a playoff system in college football.

“It was great. I love doing these,” Greenberg said. “There are a lot of different groups we might speak in front of, and my favorite to do is college.”

The prominent duo shared the stage with hosts Scott Torgerson, known as “The Torg” from his local sports-talk radio show on 97.1 FM, and former Buckeye quarterback Craig Krenzel.

“We are like an old married couple,” Greenberg told the crowd. “We bicker and are rarely intimate.”

The two ESPN personalities shared the experiences that lead them to own a prominent morning radio show and gave insight to what it’s like to be paired with someone for 12 years.

Greenberg said he started out working during late nights at a local news radio station in Chicago, while Golic had a nine-year career in the NFL as a defensive lineman after starring at Notre Dame.

“When I played, I was the guy who all the beat writers would go to for quotes,” Golic said.

President E. Gordon Gee attended and provided one of the more awkward moments of the night for the rambunctious radio personalities.

In November, Gee said Ohio State’s football team doesn’t play the “little sisters of the poor” in regards to TCU’s football team. Greenberg then criticized Gee’s comment on-air during their radio show.

Once Torgerson made Greenberg aware of Gee’s presence in the crowd, Greenberg apologized and mentioned how admirably Gee handled of the situation.

Following the show, Torgeson said he was amazed at the level of chemistry the two Mikes share.

“It’s fun because they work so well together,” Torgerson said. “When they got on stage it’s like they’ve been doing this for 30 years and have a routine, but I can tell you they don’t have a routine. That’s what’s so great about tonight. They were funny, informative and worked very well with each other.”

Following the free-flowing sports discussion on numerous sports topics, Greenberg and Golic took questions from the crowd that focused mainly on the Ohio sports scene.

One attendee had asked if any of the Cleveland sports franchises would win a championship during his lifetime. Greenberg and Golic answered with a resounding “No.”

“With Ohio State being a school where athletics are so popular, it made perfect sense for the Ohio Union Activities Board to bring Mike and Mike to campus,” said Daniel Walls, OUAB lectures chairman and a third-year in microbiology.

OUAB would not disclose the cost of bringing the duo to OSU.

“It had been some time since OUAB had brought a sports-related lecture to campus, and after surveying students on various potential speakers; Mike and Mike consistently performed well,” Walls said.