Bands don’t stick around as long as they used to. One band from yesteryear that continues to plow forward is Motörhead. The ever-umlauted group just released its 20th studio album, “The Wörld is Yours.”

Part of the group’s continued existence is its dedication to the heavy metal genre that it started playing in 1975, even if that means the band hasn’t updated its style in the 19 albums since. Although it doesn’t have a Zeppelin-esque number of hits in its catalog (discounting “Ace of Spades”), the band has stuck to its style guns because it keeps the fans coming back. Moral: Don’t expect any high-tech trickery or violins in “The Wörld is Yours.”

A downside to the newest Motörhead release is that vocalist Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister just sounds old. At 65 years, his voice just isn’t in the same place it was in the ‘70s. But he hasn’t mellowed out. He’s as rowdy and spiteful as ever on tracks like “Bye Bye Bitch Bye Bye.”

Thematically, the song titles show the band is still writing from a heavy metal mindset. “I Know How To Die” and “Devils in My Head” are among the heavier if more clich&ed tracks on the album. Although the album’s title sounds optimistic, the first track reminds the listener that they were “Born to Lose.”

Most people don’t go to Motörhead for its Shakespearean lyrics, however.

Musically, the group is still up to snuff. Particularly exciting is guitarist Phil Campbell. He lays down a mean riff for “Waiting for The Snake,” and his solos are excellent. The guitar solo has lost some luster in recent years, but Campbell’s are original and well placed, especially on “Bye Bye,” where he carries the second half of the song. The cowbell also makes an appearance on “Get Back in Line.”

“The Wörld is Yours” is far from the year’s most original album. But it serves well for those who like raw rawk ‘n’ roll.