Former Ohio State All-American quarterback Art Schlichter’s bond has been set at $1 million, according to multiple reports.

Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O’Brien reportedly sought a substantial bond to buy federal officials more time to investigate.

On Thursday, Schlichter, 50, asked to be released to seek treatment for his gambling addiction at Lindner Center of Hope, a rehab facility near Cincinnati. Schlichter has been in Franklin County Jail since waiving his bond on Feb. 15.

However, if Schlichter can post $100,000, Franklin County Common Pleas Judge David Fais has ordered him to be placed under house arrest at his mother’s home in Washington Court House, Ohio. Schlichter may leave the state with court permission to attend legal proceedings connected to parole violations in Indiana.

Anita Barney, of Dublin, Ohio, accused Schlichter of theft in February. Anita, the widow of former Wendy’s CEO and Chairman Robert Barney, claimed Schlichter stole more than $1 million from her.

Since February, about 30 people have come forward with claims that Schlichter also scammed them.

Schlichter has been charged with a first-degree felony count of theft and, if convicted, faces lengthy prison sentences. He reportedly has no money, so his friends likely would be responsible for paying his bond.

Drafted by the Baltimore Colts in 1982, Schlichter’s NFL career was short-lived as a result of his illegal gambling. He was banned from the league in 1987 and spent 10 years in prison for crimes related to gambling.