Former Buckeye running back and 1995 Heisman Trophy winner Eddie George will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.

The announcement was made Monday on ESPN’s “College Football Live.”

The rest of the class, which will include 14 former players and two former coaches, will be announced today.

Former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr would be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame, The Detroit Free Press reported Saturday.

Carr became Michigan’s coach in 1995, after serving seven seasons as the Wolverines’ defensive coordinator.

During his career at Ohio State, George was 1-3 against Michigan.

Carr was 6-7 against the Buckeyes during his head-coaching tenure at Michigan.

Other Buckeyes on the ballot who could be inducted include former offensive tackle Dave Foley and former fullback Jim Otis. Both are former first-team All-Americans and were members of OSU’s 1968 team that went undefeated and earned the 1968 National Championship.

Foley started at offensive tackle for three years under coach Woody Hayes, and was selected in the first round of the 1969 NFL draft by the New York Jets.

Otis led the team in rushing during all three of his seasons with the Buckeyes. He spent nine seasons in the NFL and was selected to the Pro Bowl in 1975 as a member of the St. Louis Cardinals.

Since George won the Heisman trophy in 1995, only former OSU quarterback Troy Smith has won the award while wearing Scarlet and Gray, in 2006. Before George, running back Archie Griffin was the last Buckeye to win the Heisman trophy, earning the award in 1974 and 1975.

In 1995, George set records for most rushing yards in a season (1,927), most games with at least 100 yards (12) and most rushing yards in a game (314) during a 41-3 victory against Illinois.

George’s No. 27 is retired at OSU.

Attempts for comment from George were not immediately returned.