Ohio State announced today that it has officially vacated all wins from the 2010 football season, including the 2011 Sugar Bowl. This action was university imposed, not a sanction from the NCAA.

OSU has also announced an agreement with former head coach Jim Tressel which changes his resignation to a retirement, according to a press release from OSU.

The university has officially responded to its NCAA Notice of Allegations and has made the copy available to the public.

An OSU spokeswoman confirmed to The Lantern that the athletic program’s response, originally expected Tuesday until the NCAA extended the deadline for all parties involved, was filed today.

The report, which is a response to a 55-question inquiry, outlines the university’s response to several allegations from the past year.

On Thursday, OSU athletic director Gene Smith told the Associated Press that the process of responding to the NCAA has been “hard.”

“We’re really been hurt by the fact that everybody in the athletic department has been indicted because of the actions of a few,” Smith told the AP.

Smith has declined to comment to The Lantern since June 1.

The NCAA’s Notice of Allegations, sent to OSU President E. Gordon Gee on April 21, detailed the charges the university faces. In the report, the NCAA said former coach Jim Tressel failed to behave with “honesty and integrity,” and knowingly played ineligible players, including former quarterback Terrelle Pryor, running back Dan Herron, receiver DeVier Posey, defensive end Solomon Thomas and offensive tackle Mike Adams.

Pryor departed the university on June 7 to pursue an NFL career. The NCAA suspended Herron, Posey, Thomas and Adams for five games each for selling memorabilia and receiving improper benefits from Eddie Rife, owner of Fine Line Ink tattoo parlor. Linebacker Jordan Whiting also received a one-game ban.

The NCAA’s report also revealed that OSU may be designated as a “repeat offender” due to violations committed by former basketball coach Jim O’Brien and 2006 Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Troy Smith.

At least one additional fateful date awaits OSU and its fans before the 2011 football season begins on Sept. 3 at Ohio Stadium against the Akron Zips — on Aug. 12, OSU officials will convene with the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions in Indianapolis and make a case for lessened punishments.