With Autumn Quarter under way, and rumors of the iPhone 5 coming out next month, we’re taking a look at 10 applications available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch that can increase productivity for college students in and out of the classroom. Even though I am an avid fan of Angry Birds, the most downloaded application of all time, I am afraid it didn’t make the cut.

Evernote

Much like an elephant, Evernote never forgets. The multi-award-winning app allows you to remember anything by giving you the ability to create text, photo or audio notes that can be auto-synchronized to your PC or Mac. Remembering everything has never been easier. Price: Free.

EasyBib

What’s worse than finishing your final paper at 3 a.m.? Finishing and having to complete a bibliography referencing your sources. EasyBib has created a solution for all of those nights of procrastination by allowing users to cite books instantly by using their bar code scanner. By simply placing the book’s bar code in view of the viewfinder, the book’s information will be captured, and citation automatically formatted and ready to be sent to your email. Price: Free.

EZ Read++

The pinnacle of all mobile study guides. This extremely helpful app brings the entire collection of Sparknotes.com right to your smart device. Browse through chapter summaries, character analysis, take quizzes and examine the social issues of “The Great Gatsby,” all while walking to your next class. Price: $1.99.

Mental Case

Flash cards are without a doubt one of the most useful study tools around, but often they are too cumbersome to take while on the go. Mental Case users have the ability to create their own flash cards using text, photos or audio. Not feeling up to making flashcards? Mental Case gives users the option to download a set from the world’s largest flash card library. Price: $4.99.

Chegg

With Chegg, you can rent textbooks from your smart device while your professor reviews the syllabus. Students can rent their books on the go by searching by name or ISBN number, or by directly scanning the barcode of the book itself. App users can compare rental and retail pricing, and track the status of their shipments. With Chegg promising to plant a tree with every rental, this app helps you be green on the go. Price: free.

Dictionary.com

One of the most useful apps on this list with no Internet connection required. Choose from nearly 2 million words, definitions, synonyms and antonyms. Complete with word origin and history, example sentences and audio pronunciation, this is the most instant and efficient dictionary in the palm of your hand. Price: Free.

iStudiez Pro

This comprehensive course-management app offers students the ability to input their personal time table for easy browsing of added assignments and scheduled exams. This application makes it easy to organize your schedule, follow up on homework assignments, and track your grades and GPA. Voted “Best Young Adults App” in 2010, iStudiez Pro is your one-stop shop for student planning. Price: $2.99.

Urbanspoon

Tired of repeatedly going to the same old restaurants? Starting to feel like a Chipotle burrito wrapped in tin foil? With a quick shake of your smart device, Urbanspoon will randomly select a type of cuisine and price range for you to check out. Not feeling so adventurous? Urbanspoon allows users to specify the cuisine and price range they’re interested in. Browse through restaurant menus, contact information and Urbanspoon user reviews. Price: Free.

Bump

Not to be confused with Snooki or her plastic hair arch, the Bump application is much more beneficial and worthwhile to society. By simply bumping two Bump enabled phones together, users can share anything from photos, music, messages, locations, contacts and calendar events. Easily become friends on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, but best of all, free texting. After connecting with a fellow Bump user, you are able to send messages at anytime from anywhere. Price: Free.

OSU Mobile

No student at Ohio State should leave home without this application. OSU Mobile provides students easy access to check their grades, class schedules, campus maps, BuckID balances, athletics news and schedules, library catalog search, and much more. OSU Mobile is an all-in-one application that lets students put campus in their back pockets. Price: Free.