A ruling from the NCAA, Homecoming Week, celebrity appearances on campus: With Autumn Quarter under way, these are just a few events happening at Ohio State this quarter. Here’s a look at a few happenings on The Lantern’s radar.

NCAA ruling

After a series of violations leading to the suspension of four OSU football players and the forced resignation of former head coach Jim Tressel, the NCAA is expected to announce its ruling on the scandal surrounding the Buckeyes.

DeVier Posey, Mike Adams, Dan Herron and Solomon Thomas were suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season after selling Buckeye football memorabilia in exchange for improper benefits in the form of tattoos. Linebacker Jordan Whiting received a one-game ban.

Former OSU quarterback Terrelle Pryor had also received a five-game suspension before departing the university on June 7 to pursue a professional career.

The terms of Tressel’s departure were later changed from resignation to retirement.

The NCAA could choose to accept OSU’s self-imposed penalties, which include vacating the 2010 season and a two-year NCAA probationary period. OSU also announced it would forfeit its $388,811 share in the Big Ten’s payment for the Sugar Bowl.

The committee could also choose to administer harsher penalties such as a postseason ban or a loss of scholarships.

Should OSU receive a postseason ban from the NCAA, the Buckeyes will not be eligible to play in the Big Ten Championship game, as the conference announced that any team facing a postseason ban will be ineligible to play for the conference title.

At the time of the Aug. 12 meeting with the NCAA Committee on Infractions, OSU spokesman Jim Lynch told The Lantern that the university expected a ruling six to eight weeks after the meeting.

By that estimate, OSU would know its fate around the weekend of the Buckeyes’ matchup with Nebraska on Oct. 8.

OUAB bringing new acts to campus

In addition to the ThrowBACK to School Welcome Week Concert featuring Boyz II Men and Smash Mouth, the Ohio Union Activities Board will be bringing a variety of other acts to campus this quarter.

On Oct. 2, comedian Seth Myers, known for his work on Saturday Night Live, is set to bring his stand-up act to OSU, according to the OUAB website. Tickets to “An Evening with Seth Meyers” are sold-out, but there will be a stand-by line on the day of the event. Doors to the event, which will take place in the Archie Griffin Grand Ballroom in the Ohio Union, will open at 7 p.m., according to the organization’s website.

Robert Irvine, the star of Food Network’s “Dinner: Impossible,” “Restaurant: Impossible” and “Worst Cooks in America” is scheduled to speak at 8 p.m. at the Union on Oct. 14. Irvine, who is coming as part of Parents and Family Weekend, according to the OUAB website, will speak about his culinary career and what he’s learned about culture and cuisine around the world.

After rescheduling “HitRECord at the Movies with Joseph Gordon-Levitt,” the actor, known for his work in “10 Things I Hate About You” and “Inception,” is set to make his appearance at the Union at 7 p.m. on Nov. 7, according to the website. Gordon-Levitt had to postpone his appearance due to scheduling conflicts, OUAB adviser Katie Krajny said.

Musician Matisyahu is set to take the stage on Nov. 17, when he will perform a few songs and speak about his life as a musician, according to the OUAB website. The show is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.

OUAB will also continue Flicks for Free, where students can attend free showings of selected films, and Karaoke Night at Woody’s Tavern.

Homecoming Week

Homecoming Week, which will take place from Oct. 24 through Oct. 29 this year, will not only mark the football team’s return to Ohio Stadium. It will be a chance for revenge.

Ohio State’s Homecoming football game will take place on Saturday, Oct. 29, 2011 against Wisconsin in Ohio Stadium. The Buckeyes’ suffered their lone loss in the 2010 season to the Badgers, and this year’s Homecoming matchup will be the Buckeyes’ chance to get even.

Events will take place throughout the week, with the parade and pep rally being set for Friday, Oct. 28.

“The Game”

OSU and Michigan will face off in Michigan Stadium this year on Saturday, Nov. 26.

Both teams have new head coaches this season, with Luke Fickell taking over the OSU program and Brady Hoke stepping in at Michigan.

At Big Ten Media Days, which took place July 28 and 29 in Chicago, both coaches expressed a desire to usher in a new era for the OSU-Michigan rivalry.

“If that starts, hopefully, a long rivalry as some of the (coaches) in the past have had, that’s what it’s all about,” Fickell said. “Nobody will overlook that. I know that’s not something that will ever be overlooked at Ohio State.”

Hoke echoed Fickell’s sentiments, saying, “If you can’t get geared up for that and get goosebumps and all those things for that game, then you may not be human.”

Coming into this year, OSU held a seven-year unbeaten streak against Michigan, the longest win streak between the two teams, but when OSU vacated their wins from the 2010 season, that streak was technically reduced back to six.