Ohio State football sophomore cornerback Dominic Clarke will not travel with the Buckeyes for Saturday’s game at Illinois after being arrested Sunday and charged with disorderly conduct during an on-campus incident involving what a witness described as a “compressed air” gun.

An OSU student called the university police department and said that three black males were sitting on top of the roof of Marketplace, a campus eatery, “firing a paintball gun down at people.”

The student said he looked out his window and saw the men on the roof.

“I can’t totally tell if it’s an Airsoft or a paintball, but it’s using compressed air,” the student said.

The OSU police department report identified Clarke, as well as football freshman offensive lineman Chris Carter and men’s basketball freshman Sam Thompson.

Both Carter and Thompson gave statements to police but were not arrested.

In an email to The Lantern, OSU football spokesman Jerry Emig confirmed that Clarke would be suspended.

“The individual was involved in a university rules violation,” Emig said in an email. “The issue is currently going through the university process, and head coach Luke Fickell has announced that he will not be traveling with the team to Illinois this weekend.”

Basketball team spokesman Dan Wallenberg said in an email, “We have no issues with any basketball student athletes.”

The police report said that the incident is still under investigation.