The Thanksgiving leftovers will be gone and Black Friday chaos will be over just in time for Gateway Film Center’s second annual Holiday Classics film series.

Beginning Nov. 26 and running through Dec. 28, the cinema will be showing five classic holiday movies on selected days throughout this holiday season. The movies being scheduled to screen are “Miracle on 34th Street,” “Holiday Inn,” “It’s a Wonderful Life,” “The Shop Around the Corner” and “White Christmas.”

Meghan Vesper, spokeswoman for the Gateway Film Center, is hoping the series will appeal to all.

“We wanted to offer something for all age groups, for the community,” Vesper said. “A lot of people have never seen these movies in a theater on the big screen.”

Though the movies are free, attendees are asked to bring a suggested toy donation to benefit The Open Shelter. Vesper said the idea for a donation was easy.

“We decided to do it because there’s a need,” she said. “Especially in the last few years.”

Last year, the theater donated the collected toys to Toys for Tots.

“We had carts full of toys last year,” she said.

Vesper said “It’s a Wonderful Life” was the most popular film screened this year, so it will be screening again this time around.

Ian Molitors, a third-year in mechanical engineering, plans to attend at least one show.

“I’m probably going to see ‘It’s a Wonderful Life,'” Moliters said. “It’s a classic and timeless movie.”

Nick Line, a third-year in anthropology, believes the holiday break will make it difficult for students to attend.

“It’s for a good cause but I’m not going,” he said. “I don’t think a lot of students will go since they’ll be home for break, maybe people that live around here.”

This year, Vesper hopes to exceed last year’s attendance at the series.

“We want to grow the audience and really help the shelter this holiday season,” she said. “Just get as many donations as we can from the community to really help out.”