Urban Meyer will not broadcast Ohio State-Michigan game

OSU enters Saturday’s game at Michigan under a cloud of uncertainty with regard to the future of its head coaching position.

Many have speculated that former Florida coach and current ESPN analyst Urban Meyer will be OSU’s next head coach.

ESPN said that Meyer, who was a member of its on-air television crew for the Buckeyes’ Sept. 3 win against Akron, will not be contributing to its broadcast of OSU’s season finale even though his usual broadcast partners, Dave Pasch and Chris Spielman, will be on the call.

“(Meyer) wasn’t removed from the game because he wasn’t announced to be on it originally,” ESPN spokesman Michael Humes said to The Lantern in an email. “We felt the studio in Bristol was the best place for (Meyer) given the many storylines and top matchups going on in college football this weekend. He can offer commentary about the season, contribute to GameDay from ESPN studios and also help preview and review the significant games on the schedule.”

Schedule changes

OSU announced some changes to its future football schedule on Tuesday. According to a press release, OSU agreed to play a home-and-home series against North Carolina. The first meeting will be in Columbus, Ohio, on Sept. 5, 2015. OSU will travel to Chapel Hill, N.C., two years later on Sept. 23, 2017.

OSU athletic director Gene Smith announced the Buckeyes will fill a gap in their 2013 schedule by playing Florida A&M. The matchup will take place on Sept. 7, 2013 at Ohio Stadium.

Smith also said OSU’s home-and-home series against Tennessee, originally scheduled to take place in the 2018 and 2019 seasons, has been cancelled due to the Big Ten’s decision to play a nine-game conference season. According to the release, the schools may look at possible matchups in the future.

Buckeyes land big recruit

Adolphus Washington, a defensive end recruit from Cincinnati Taft High School, announced his decision to pursue his college career at OSU Tuesday morning, according to multiple reports.

Washington is ranked the No. 15 player in the nation according to recruiting website Scout.com and No. 74 by Rivals.com.

Washington is OSU’s 15th oral commitment for the 2012 recruiting class.

Dwayne Stanford, a wide receiver recruit who was Washington’s high school teammate, decided to attend the Oregon over OSU.