Former Ohio State offensive lineman Michael Current, 66, was found dead of an apparent gunshot wound to the head in the Baskett Slough National Wildlife Refuge just outside of Salem, Ore., Monday.

Current, a Lima, Ohio, native, is believed to have taken his own life sometime between Sunday evening and when he was found early Monday, according to multiple reports.

His death comes less than a month after he was arrested in Las Vegas, Nev., where he had been living, and extradited to Salem, where he faced five counts of first-degree sexual assault and one count of luring a minor, according to the reports.

The reports also state that Current was scheduled to appear in Marion County, Oregon, court on Tuesday to enter a plea deal regarding the charges.

He spent time as a volunteer football coach while living in the Silverton, Ore. area, but the reports indicate that the charges are not related to an incident while coaching.

Current played for the Buckeyes under coach Woody Hayes in the 1960s.

He was the starting left tackle for OSU his junior year, and along with starting his senior year, was named a team co-captain.

Following his senior year, the Denver Broncos selected him in the third round of the 1967 AFL/NFL draft.

“We are always saddened to learn of a tragedy involving a former Bronco and our hearts go out to Mike’s family and friends during this most difficult of times,” Broncos spokesman Patrick Smith told The Lantern.

Current spent the majority of his career with the Broncos, but also had stints with the Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Requests for comment from Buccaneers and Dolphins representatives were not immediately returned.

The OSU athletic department had no comment on Current’s passing.