Roses are red, violets are blue. It’s Valentine’s Day, what will you do?

Many Ohio State students have plans to celebrate on the holiday of love, even if it’s just a night spent with friends.

“I’ll probably hang out with my friends and see ‘The Vow’,” said Allison Griesmer, a first-year in psychology.

“The Vow,” is a romantic drama film, released Feb. 10, starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum, that quickly became No. 1 at the box office.

University Residences and Dining Services is also getting in on the holiday spirit. The Ohio Union’s Sloopy’s Diner offered a special Valentine’s Day dinner for students on Feb. 13 and 14.

In a private dining room, students can order a three-course meal including dishes like lobster bisque and prime rib, priced at four swipes per guest.

Assistant manager of Sloopy’s Diner, Mitch Kibble, said all the reservations hadn’t been filled yet.

“We’ve only had about 20 people sign up so far,” he said.

While some will enjoy a nice dinner with their significant other, not all students are interested in observing Valentine’s Day.

“I’m not Catholic, so I don’t celebrate it. It’s a cool holiday, usually for couples though,” said Mannen Asefa, a third-year in history of art and art education.

President E. Gordon Gee sent an email to all students asking them to join him in a Valentine’s day project to compile a video of students’ favorite place on campus. In the email, Gee asked the students to submit videos of them in their favorite place.

“Go to your favorite place on campus and briefly tell me what you love about it, with your smart phone or any email-ready video,” Gee wrote.

Gee said the video would be made live on his Facebook page on Valentine’s day for everyone to see. Gee provided an example of what the video should look like, explaining that his favorite place on campus is the Wexner Center for the Arts.

Others students said they think the holiday is too commercialized.

“It’s a corporate holiday, point blank. I don’t think that we should have a certain holiday to celebrate women, we should do that every day,” said Epifanio Torres, a fourth-year in criminology.

Torres said he doesn’t think Valentine’s Day is a holiday for men.

“I mean, what do you even get a guy for Valentine’s Day?” he said. “No one can ever think of anything.”

Despite his reservations, Torres said he still enjoys observing the day.

“It’s a good excuse to go out and celebrate the love of your life,” he said.

Last year Torres said he wrote his then-girlfriend a poem.

“Making her happy was my success on Valentine’s Day,” he said.