With two locations in Indiana, Chumley’s will establish its third home on High Street near 17th Avenue with hopes to open just in time for the Spring Game.

Chumley’s has locations in Indianapolis and Lafayette, Ind., and Dan Schreiber, co-owner, said he’s always had his eye on Ohio State for a third location.

“I bought into the one in Lafayette, and since then, we always knew we wanted to open a third one and we always thought Ohio State would be the best place to go,” Schreiber said.

Although the bar will have 32 televisions and will show sports games, Schreiber said he doesn’t like considering Chumley’s exclusively a sports bar.

“We don’t like to say we’re a sports bar, we don’t like to be pigeon-holed,” Schreiber said. “So we like to say we’re all about comfort … people just come here and they make it what they want it to be.”

Schreiber said part of that comfort comes from the drink and food options Chumley’s offers.

“We have 15 beers on tap and over 100 bottled beers,” Schreiber said. “We also have mixed drinks, wine, and food is a big thing with us, too.”

Schreiber said Chumley’s is an upscale pub and “burgers and wings are kind of what we’re known for.”

Chumley’s also has a shot list of 300 shots and offers more than 25 martinis, with various food and drink specials every day of the week, Schreiber said. The bar will be open every day from 11 a.m. to 2:30 a.m.

Zachary Blaner, a third-year in finance, said he is eager to go to Chumley’s for a couple reasons.

“Since I’m in a fraternity I will definitely go check it out as a potential venue for social events, but it’s also a new bar and restaurant on High Street, so it’s worth checking out regardless,” Blaner said.

Kristen Herlihy, a third-year in strategic communication, said she is glad there will be a bar closer to where she lives.

“I am looking forward to having a bar close by now that I live on 17th,” Herlihy said. “The majority of the bars my roommates and I go to are a hike or cab ride away. I hope to see a good crowd out for the opening. I hope it has more of a hometown bar atmosphere.”

Schreiber said he couldn’t pass up the location.

“You can’t beat the location,” Schreiber said. “You can see swarms of people walking down 17th.”

Chumley’s will offer specials similar to other campus-area bars. Schreiber said Mondays and Thursdays are called Schooner Night, and customers can buy a 32-ounce refillable glass for $6 and get discounts on drinks, then you bring the glass back for the next time.

Schreiber said he looked at other places in Columbus because he wanted a good mix of customers.

“We couldn’t pass up this beautiful building,” Schreiber said. “We thought about the Arena District because we like to have a good mix of people, but I still think we’ll have a good mix of students and people from the community.”

Schreiber said he is thankful to be here and hopes OSU finds Chumley’s as welcoming as Chumley’s found OSU.

“We’re honored to be here at Ohio State,” Schreiber said. “I’ve lived here since September and I’ve gotten to know a lot of the people, a lot of the different restaurant and bar owners, and I love all the restaurants and bars here. We’re just hoping to be a good fit for the university area.”