Four regular season games remain in what has been an eventful season for the Ohio State women’s lacrosse team.

Six members of the team were hospitalized March 9 with symptoms of rhabdomyolysis, a muscle disorder that causes a breakdown of muscle fibers and releases a protein called myoglobin into the bloodstream, which can cause kidney damage and in extreme cases, kidney failure. But the team has not been deterred and has posted a 3-2 record since the medical incident.

The team’s conference tournament is on the horizon.

As of Monday, the Buckeyes are ranked No. 15 in the deBeer Women’s Media Poll and No. 14 in the March 26 Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association Poll. Although the team is 0-2 in the American Lacrosse Conference, they are 8-3 overall and are coming off a 13-12 overtime loss to No. 1-ranked Northwestern Saturday.

Freshman goalie Tori DeScenza tallied 16 saves for OSU while senior midfielders Gabby Capuzzi and Kirsten Donahue combined for seven goals. Capuzzi tallied four goals in the loss while Donahue added three of her own.

Guiding OSU on the offensive end throughout its campaign is attacker Alayna Markwordt. The senior from Woodbine, Md., has scored 27 goals and tallies 32 assists. Markwordt’s efforts haven’t gone unnoticed either, as she is on the Tewaaraton Award watch list. The Tewaarton Award is given to the male and female players of the year.

Not to be outdone by Markhordt, freshman attacker Jackie Cifarelli is fourth in the ALC with four points per game. The freshman from Rockville Center, N.Y., also ranks second in the ALC behind her first-place teammate in assists. Capuzzi ranks ninth in the conference with almost four points per game.

Team members were not available for comment.

After the Buckeyes’ four remaining regular-season games, they will travel to Gainesville, Fla., for the ALC Championships, May 3-5.

OSU returns to action Sunday against No. 12 Vanderbilt at 2 p.m. OSU will play No. 7 Penn State at home April 15 at noon.