Former Ohio State wide receiver DeVier Posey is headed to the Houston Texans.

Posey was drafted in the third round of the NFL Draft by the Texans with the No. 68 pick overall, and was the first wide receiver taken by the team.

Posey was did not immediately respond to The Lantern’s request for comment.

The player arrives at Reliant Stadium after playing just three games in his senior season, totaling 12 catches for 162 yards and three touchdowns. Posey missed the first 10 games of the 2011 season after receiving two separate five-game suspensions for selling OSU football memorabilia in exchange for improper benefits in the form of tattoos, and receiving money for work he did not complete during a summer 2011 job.

The Texans traded their second and seventh round picks to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for a third and fourth round pick. Some draft experts weren’t expecting Posey to be selected in the third round, but the Texans saw fit to take the 6-foot-3, 213-pound wide receiver. 

For Houston, the pick could bolster the team’s unit of receivers – the Texans’ leading receiver last season was tight end Owen Daniels and second-leading receiver was running back Arian Foster.

An aging Andre Johnson will look to be the Texans’ No. 1 this year, but is coming off an injury that sidelined him most of last season, which could give Posey, a former five-star recruit out of Cincinnati LaSalle High School, a chance to impress in his rookie campaign.