If Columbus Crew fans aren’t excited by the team’s newly-acquired designated player, Crew technical director Brian Bliss said a quick online search should remedy their uncertainty.

Federico Higuain, formerly of Argentine Primera División side Club Atlético Colón, will join the Crew as their third-ever designated player. Higuain, who could not be reached for comment, will be eligible to play within the next two weeks following the arrival of his work visa, Bliss told The Lantern.

“By searching his name, fans will be happy based on his stats and experience,” said Bliss.

That experience includes time with five other Argentinian teams, as well as a stint with Mexico’s Club America and Turkey’s Besiktas.

Once Higuain arrives, Bliss said he will feature him as the Crew’s second forward.

“We were looking for a player that fit the profile of a second forward in the age range of 25 (to) 30,” Bliss said, “and Higuain fit that profile being 27 and in our financial parameters.”

Per Major League Soccer rules, Higuain’s annual salary has not been disclosed, but Bliss said it is reflective of the player’s skills and allows the team to remain within its salary cap.

Bliss said Higuain’s contract is “not in the David Beckham range,” but just above the middle of what most players make.

Crew manager Robert Warzycha said he too is excited about Higuain’s addition to the team.

“He is a good quality player and brings a lot of experience, quickness and potential to win championships,” Warzycha said.