Former Ohio State running back Jaamal Berry will be continuing his college football career at Murray State, according to Scout.com.

Berry was suspended from OSU’s football team Nov. 2, 2011, after being charged with assault, battery and disorderly conduct.

The charges were based on an incident that occurred at 2:20 a.m. on Oct. 21 in the Arena District in downtown Columbus, involving Berry and a Columbus State Community College student.

He was also arrested in 2009 for a marijuana possession charge in Miami, Fla.

Despite his troubles while involved with the OSU program, Berry said he’s happy to be with a new team.

“Everything worked out great for me and I’m excited to be headed to Murrary State,” Berry told Scout.com. “I should be the starting tailback the next two seasons, and I’m on track to graduate next year. Life is good for me.”

About 9,000 students attend Murray State, which is located in Murray, Ky. Murray State is part of the Ohio Valley Conference.

Murray State officials did not return The Lantern’s Tuesday request for comment, but WPSD, an NBC affiliate in Kentucky, reported that Berry was not yet enrolled at the university.

Jerry Emig, athletic department spokesman, did not return The Lantern’s Tuesday request for comment.

Berry is still scheduled to appear in court in Columbus on Aug. 27 for a jury trial.

After three court continuations, the case was expected to be settled outside of court, however Berry is scheduled to appear in court in Columbus Aug. 27 for a jury trial.

Robert Tobias, assistant prosecutor for the case, told The Lantern in May that Berry’s attorneys said he had returned to his home state of Florida.

William Meeks, Berry’s attorney, did not respond for comment Tuesday.

Berry played 11 games as a Buckeye and averaged 25.4 yards per kick return from 2010 to 2011. 

This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:

Correction: July 26, 2012

An earlier version of this story stated that Berry was on a yearlong probation in Ohio. In fact, that was only the plan in May when he was expected to plead guilty, but the case is ongoing.