CHICAGO – Ohio State football’s new showcase event for high school players, Friday Night Lights, may provide Buckeyes football fans a taste of the 2012 season, and seasons to come.

OSU fans will be given free access to Ohio Stadium for Friday Night Lights, a single day, pay-for camp that will give high school campers a chance to meet the Buckeyes coaching staff and participate in drills.

Campers will check in at Gate 23 of Ohio Stadium between 5:30-6:30 p.m., according to the camp itinerary listed on OhioStateBuckeyes.com. During the half hour to follow, the campers meet with the OSU coaching staff before breaking into three hours of “strength and conditioning/speed training” drills, individual instruction and “1 v. 1, pass rush, skill v. Skill workouts.”

To conclude the evening’s events, campers will then be served dinner at 10:05 p.m., according to the camp itinerary.

Mark Pantoni, director of player personnel for OSU, declined The Lantern’s Thursday request for comment regarding Friday Night Lights. Pantoni has had plenty to say about the event on Twitter, however.

From his Twitter account, @markpantoni, Pantoni said on July 23: “It’s going down Friday Night in the ‘Shoe! Get your popcorn ready!”

OSU athletics spokesman Jerry Emig also declined The Lantern’s Thursday request for comment.