Nabbing another performer for its Fall Semester lineup of free concerts, the Ohio Union Activities Board announced Friday that The Wonder Years is also slated to make its way to campus in the coming semester.

OUAB made the announcement via Twitter that the pop punk rock band is scheduled to perform, along with bands Fireworks and Light Years, Oct. 12 at Newport Music Hall.

“We wanted to reach out to the Pop Punk/ “Warped Tour” genre,” Varun Ramanujam, OUAB concert chair, said in an email. “Many students frequently enjoy that genre and the types of shows those artists provide. The energy seen in their live sets is admired by students and not always seen on college campuses.”

Hailing from Pennsylvania, The Wonder Years has released two full-length albums since its start in 2005. Its second album “Suburbia I’ve Given You All and Now I’m Nothing” was named one of 2011’s most anticipated albums by Alternative Press.

The Wonder Years consists of Dan “Soupy” Campbell on vocals, Josh Martin on bass, guitarists Matt Brasch and Casey Cavalierekeyboardist Nick Steinborn and Mike Kennedy on drums.

The band is scheduled to kick off a tour in November with Yellowcard and We Are The In Crowd.

Fireworks and Light Years are also pop punk bands, native to Detroit and Kent, Ohio, respectively.

Fireworks released its sophomore album “Gospel” May 2011 and toured with The Wonder Years last year on “The Man Scout Jamboree” tour.

Ramanujam said he expects the concert to appeal to many OSU students and it being held at Newport should reel in even more student interest.

“We chose to use the Newport Music Hall to help facilitate the environment for The Wonder Years. We felt that this would be the best place for this type of show,” Ramanujam said.

He added students should be on the lookout for more Fall Semester event announcements from OUAB in the coming weeks.

This concert is free to students with a valid BuckID.