Formerly-dismissed Ohio State linebacker Storm Klein has been reinstated to the Buckeyes’ football team.

OSU spokesman Jerry Emig confirmed in an email that first-year coach Urban Meyer has let the senior back on the squad, though “he will not be allowed to play in a game until at least the third week of the season.”

“As I had indicated previously, if there are any changes in the charges against Storm, I would re-evaluate his status,” Meyer said in a released statement. “The charges that would have violated our core values have been totally dismissed. I have spoken extensively to members of both families and that has prompted me to re-assess his situation and allow him back.”

According to Franklin County Municipal Court records Klein pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct Monday morning having originally faced charges for domestic violence and assault.

Klein was arrested late on July 6 after allegedly striking the mother of his child. A day later, Meyer dismissed the linebacker from the team and said in a released statement that the charges against Klein “violate the core values of the Ohio State football program.”

Meyer, though, said, “If there are any changes in the charges” he would re-evaluate Klein’s status with the program.

On Wednesday, Klein’s lawyer, Larry James, confirmed to The Lantern that both the domestic violence and assault charges were indeed dismissed.

All that Klein faces now, he said, is 18 months of probation and court fees.

If Klein has been reinstated, James added that Meyer told him any infraction “whatsoever” could still result in a penalty to pay.

In his three years on the field, Klein has amassed 73 tackles in 38 games for the Buckeyes, including 45 in 2011.

Before his dismissal, Klein was not listed as a starter on OSU’s depth chart.