The first week of classes didn’t damper Ohio State students’ party Thursday when Big Sean, special guest 2 Chainz and Krewella performed as part of the Welcome Week Concert, presented by the Ohio Union Activities Board.

Students were lining up along the stage on the South Oval beginning at about 5 p.m., and with the roughly 85-degree weather, were dressed as though they were still on summer break, unfazed by Fall Semester.

Taking the stage first was Krewella, an electronic dance group that started off the night with its song “Alive.” However, the group seized the crowd’s attention with its mixes of songs such as Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know,” and Jibbs’ “Chain Hang Low.”

Next to take the stage was 2 Chainz, who is, like Big Sean, affiliated with Kanye West’s G.O.O.D record label.

2 Chainz psyched the crowd requesting it “put their twos up” and yell “TRU.” His set included songs such as, “Turn Up,” “No Lie,” “I’m Different” and Nikki Minaj’s “Beez in the Trap.”

Big Sean took the stage after sundown, about 8:30 p.m., when there was no longer any empty space around the South Oval. 

“Where are my Ohio State Buckeyes?” he yelled before going into his song “My Last.”

Big Sean then took pictures of the crowd and tweeted about OSU. He concluded his set with “Mercy.” By this time, the audience was bursting with energy to match Big Sean’s.

OUAB was unable to disclose how many students attended.