This is part of a weekly series called “Pop! Opinions” where The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

Waltz, Alabama Shakes on SNL

Austrian actor Christoph Waltz, known for his roles in Quentin Tarantino films “Inglorious Basterds” and “Django Unchained,” hosted last weekend’s episode of “Saturday Night Live” with musical guest Alabama Shakes, and blew the previous 13 episodes of the show’s 38th season out of the water. Because of Waltz’s characters in Tarantino’s films, and even his part in “The Green Hornet,” this wasn’t the Oscar-nominated actor’s first time showing off his sense of humor, but with sketches that included poking fun at himself in a fake movie trailer for “Djesus Uncrossed,” Saturday was confirmation of his hilarity. 

However, Waltz wasn’t the only reason for praise to the show this week. Southern-rock band Alabama Shakes took the stage with brilliant performances of songs “Hold On” and “Always Alright.” With lead singer Brittany Howard’s passionate and soulful vocals and Waltz’s giddy presence, Saturday became one of my favorite “SNL” episodes to air in the last couple of years. 

Plant hints Zeppelin reunion 

During an interview on Australia’s “60 Minutes,” Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant hinted that he’d be on board for a reunion, saying the decision would be up to members Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. “You need to see the Capricorns (Page and Jones) – I’ve got nothing to do in 2014,” Plant said in the interview. Zeppelin fans everywhere, including myself, are jumping with joy, breaking out their vintage T-shirts and records, for this will be the first time the three have played together since December 2007 for a one-time show in London’s O2 Arena. Although the band will never be as great as it was with legendary drummer John Bonham, who passed in 1980, perhaps his son, Jason Bonham, would be willing to return as he did for the London performance. 

Bonnaroo lineup announced

Bonnaroo, a four-day music festival held in Manchester, Tenn., from June 13 – June 16, was announced Tuesday during the Bonnaroo Live Lineup Announcement Megathon live stream. Paul McCartney, Mumford & Sons, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, R. Kelly, Daniel Tosh, Kendrick Lamar, “Weird Al” Yankovic, Billy Idol and ZZ Top are among the many acts scheduled for this year’s festival. And although Bonnaroo is roughly seven hours from Columbus, it’s safe to say I’m already working on arranging travel accommodations. Manchester, Tenn., here I come.