While Ohio State was on spring break, Buckeye athletics continued on. Here are some of this week’s game results.

Men’s ice hockey

OSU men’s hockey will move on to the semifinals of the CCHA tournament after winning against Ferris State, 3-2, in a series-tiebreaker game Sunday night at the OSU Ice Rink.
Senior goalie Brady Hjelle made 47 saves, a new career-high, against the Bulldogs during Sunday’s game.
The No. 4 seed Buckeyes lost Friday against No. 5 seed Bulldogs, 4-2, in the CCHA tournament opener at the OSU Ice Rink, but won Saturday, 3-1, splitting the series and making a third game necessary to determine which team will move on in the CCHA tournament.
OSU (16-16-7) is set to play No. 2 seed Notre Dame in the semifinals at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit on Saturday.

Women’s basketball

The OSU women’s basketball team was knocked out of the Big Ten tournament March 8 after losing to Penn State, 76-66, at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Ill.
The No. 9 seed Buckeyes (18-13, 7-10 Big Ten) took down No. 8 seed Minnesota (18-13, 7-9 Big Ten), 57-48, the night before. The next day, though, OSU fell to the No. 1-seeded Nittany Lions (25-5, 14-2 Big Ten).
OSU demonstrated its scoring spread against Penn State despite the loss, with three players earning double digits. Senior guard Tayler Hill had 23 points, redshirt senior guard Amber Stokes made 18 and junior center Ashley Adams sank six shots for 13 points.
The bracket for the women’s NCAA tournament is set to be released Monday night.

Wrestling

OSU wrestling finished fourth in the Big Ten tournament March 10 at Assembly Hall in Champaign, Ill.
Hunter and Logan Stieber were both crowned conference champions in their weight classes, 141 and 133 respectively.
It was redshirt sophomore Logan Stieber’s second time winning the title and sophomore Hunter Stieber’s first time.
Seven other Buckeyes also qualified for the NCAA tournament: senior Nikko Triggas (125-pound weight class), redshirt junior Ian Paddock (141), redshirt sophomore Josh Demas (157), freshman Mark Martin (165), redshirt junior Nick Heflin (174), redshirt senior C.J. Magrum (184) and sophomore Andrew Campolattano (197).
The NCAA championships are scheduled for March 21-23 at the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa.

Men’s lacrosse

OSU men’s lacrosse won against No. 9 Virginia, 11-10, on Saturday in Charlottesville, Va.
The Buckeyes trailed the Cavaliers, 4-1, until a 4-1 streak put them one goal ahead at halftime.
At the end of the third quarter, OSU led, 10-8, when the game was delayed for almost two hours because of the weather conditions.
When the teams resumed play, the Cavaliers tied the game, 10-10, with 1:48 left. But a goal by senior midfielder Dominique Alexander less than 30 seconds later put the Buckeyes back ahead, 11-10.
Junior goalie Greg Dutton was able to hold Virginia scoreless for the remainder of the game.
The No. 12 Buckeyes (5-1, 0-1 Big Ten) are next scheduled to play No. 3 Notre Dame Wednesday at 4 p.m. in Notre Dame, Ind.

Baseball

The OSU men’s baseball team went 6-2 while OSU was on spring break, playing games in Myrtle Beach, S.C., North Charleston, S.C., and Columbus.
OSU won against Harvard, Ball State, Coastal Carolina, Charleston Southern and Bryant over the time period from March 8-17. It lost March 10 against Coastal Carolina, 3-1, in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
The team played Bryant at home over the weekend, winning Sunday, 6-4, losing Saturday, 3-2, and winning Friday, 4-1.
The Buckeyes (12-6) are set to begin their season Friday against Purdue in West Lafayette, Ind.

Men’s tennis

OSU men’s tennis won against No. 12 Pepperdine, 4-1, on Tuesday in Malibu, Calif.
Back-to-back singles wins by redshirt senior Devin McCarthy and senior Connor Smith sealed the victory after earlier wins by doubles pair juniors Blaz Rola and Ille Van Engelen and doubles pair McCarthy and redshirt sophomore Hunter Callahan had the Buckeyes in the lead, 2-1.
The No. 9 Buckeyes are 15-2 on the season and 6-2 against teams ranked in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association top 25.
OSU currently has a home-game winning streak of 160-0. It is set to next play Louisville at the Varsity Indoor Tennis Center on Tuesday as one of four home matches before the team hits the 10-year anniversary of its streak.

Softball

The OSU women’s softball team hit a six-game win streak after winning against Pittsburgh, 9-0, in five innings Sunday afternoon at the Cherry Blossom Classic in Fairfax, Va.
Sophomore pitcher Olivia O’Reilly struck out nine batters and allowed one hit during the game.
OSU ended the tournament with a 5-0 record and four shutout victories.
The Buckeyes won against Canisius, 8-0, in a six-inning shutout Saturday morning. They also won against George Mason, 5-2, that afternoon.
On Friday, OSU won against Pittsburgh, 4-0, and George Mason, 10-0, in five innings.
OSU (18-8) is scheduled to begin regular season play on Friday against Indiana at Buckeye Field.