An Ohio State fraternity is on interim suspension pending an OSU Student Conduct investigation, according to Student Life spokesman Dave Isaacs.
Sigma Chi Fraternity Alpha Gamma Chapter is being investigated for multiple possible violations of the Student Code of Conduct. Both Student Conduct and the national organization of Sigma Chi are investigating the chapter.

The chapter was served its interim suspension sentence on Feb. 26.
While it is on suspension, the fraternity cannot participate in recognized student organization activities, including intramural sports, recruiting of new members and Greek Week, which is scheduled to begin March 31.
The executive director of Sigma Chi Fraternity, Mike Dunn, said the national organization is working with OSU to “find out what all the circumstances are,” adding that there are local and national people from the fraternity on site to investigate.
OSU Student Conduct looks at investigations on a case-by-case basis and does not have a defined set of repercussions should the investigation turn up Student Code of Conduct violations.
“Each case is treated differently, and any sanctions would be based on the violations and the nature of the case,” Isaacs said.
The investigation will continue until Student Conduct reaches a decision, but there is no set time limit, Isaacs said.
Because the investigation is ongoing, Sigma Chi president Joe Panos, a second-year in biomedical engineering, said he could not comment on details.
“The Alpha Gamma Chapter of Sigma Chi, its members and our national headquarters are working in full cooperation with the university to ascertain the facts of the situation,” he said in an email.
Antonio-Phillip Lytle, coordinator of Sorority and Fraternity Life at OSU, referred The Lantern to Isaacs for comment.