Ohio State Interim President Joseph Alutto speaks about his term at a July 17 press conference.

Ritika Shah / Asst. photo editor

Ohio State’s administrative structure has been reorganized, but no jobs were lost or gained.

Interim President Joseph Alutto announced the administrative realignment plan July 17 and sent an email to OSU faculty and staff about the plan July 18.

The Office of the Chief Information Officer, currently being led by interim CIO Michael Hofherr, is now beneath the Office of Business and Finance, which is led by Senior Vice President Geoff Chatas.

Hofherr assumed his position after former CIO Kathy Starkoff resigned June 21.

The Office of Talent, Culture and Human Resources, headed by Vice President Andraea Douglass, is now reporting to both the Office of Business and Finance and the Office of the President.

Susan Williams’ position as vice provost for academic policy and faculty resources, focusing on faculty needs, has stayed within the Office of Academic Affairs.

OSU spokesman Gary Lewis said there are no additional jobs and no jobs were lost as a result of the new plan.
Alutto said the reorganization is an attempt to realign OSU’s core.

“This tighter integration of administrative support function will strengthen the underpinning of our mission-critical academic work and enable us to enhance services provided to academic units,” Alutto said in the email.

The reconfiguration plan for OSU was to help strengthen support for academics, Lewis said.
“These modifications provide seamless alignment in the functions that support the university’s academic mission… the university’s most important function. They also help the university operate in a more streamlined and simple way,” Lewis said in an email to The Lantern.

Lewis said IT academic content functions, which support teaching and learning, moved to the Office of Distance Education and eLearning in the Office of Academic Affairs a few months ago.

“This realignment makes the OCIO’s IT delivery activities a strong fit with Business and Finance and also ensures the university’s academic initiatives receive the priority necessary for success,” Lewis said.

Liz Young contributed to this story.