Rumors of an 'NSYNC reunion performance at the MTV VMAs floated around this week but were put to rest when Lance Bass told Sirius Radio the rumors were false. Credit: Courtesy of MCT

Rumors of an ‘NSYNC reunion performance at the MTV VMAs floated around this week but were put to rest when Lance Bass told Sirius Radio the rumors were false. Credit: Courtesy of MCT

This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” where The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

‘NSYNC to reunite at VMAs?

Just because ‘NSYNC bid us “Bye Bye Bye” in 2000 does not mean that they can’t re-frost the tips of their hair and say “Hi” to the fans every once in awhile.

Looks like they finally got the memo, well most of them anyway. Justin Timberlake is slated to receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, and sources from within MTV have alluded to former pals JoeyFatone, Chris Kirkpatrick, Lance Bass and JC Chasez joining Timberlake on stage for a performance.

2013 has seemed to be a year where former boy bands retrieve some self-esteem abandoned in the early 2000s. However, the only song I know from 98 Degrees is “What’s Left Of Me,” which I just realized is not a 98 Degrees song but in fact a Nick Lachey song, and I could honestly care less if Backstreet’s back, all right? Timberlake’s career has been hot lately (in more ways than one), and it’s very noble (yes, noble) of him to appease the people who raised him onto the pedestal he currently stands. Even if it’s only to shut the fans up, God knows this won’t hurt Timberlake’s career.

Early Wednesday, though, Bass crushed the hopes of all ‘NSYNC fans when he went on Sirius radio show “Dirty Pop” saying all the buzz about a reunion is only rumors.

Oprah’s interview with Lindsay Lohan

In what Oprah’s voiceover guy promised to be a groundbreaking, inside look into the life of Lindsay Lohan, absolutely nothing was learned from the interview that aired Sunday night on “Oprah’s Next Chapter.”

The Sparknotes from Lohan’s hour-long sit down include Lohan admitting she “kind of” wanted to go to jail, calling herself an addict and hating the “bad rap” parents Dina and Michael Lohan receive. This all led up to Lindsay Lohan convincing Oprah she “feels different” and agreed to cancel her next-week trip to Europe on Oprah’s command.

The interview was a classic internal case of the pot calling the kettle black: “Present” Lindsay can’t sit there and judge “past” Lindsay if they are the same person.

“Duck Dynasty” family worth millions

The stars of the hit A&E reality show “Duck Dynasty’s” fortune is just as huge as their beards.

On Aug. 14, it was announced that the show’s cast, made up of nine adults and 11 children, received a pay raise, earning $200,000 per episode to split among them. Roughly, this breaks down to a mere $10,000 per person per episode. Although this is more money than I currently receive per year, this is a relatively low salary compared to other reality stars in hit shows. Kim Kardashian alone makes $80,000 for one episode of “Keeping Up With TheKardashians” or any of the other numerous spinoffs.

But then E! News told us not shed a tear for the Robertsons, who run family-operated business Duck Commander, which sells duck calls, among other gear, for hunters. The family is projected to make $44,790,000 on their duck calls in 2013, and that doesn’t include sales from other merchandise based off the show.

Rain or shine, it will be always be a good day for these ducks.