Daniel Chi / For The Lantern Then-senior Tiffany Cameron surveys the field during a game at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.

Daniel Chi / For The Lantern
Then-senior Tiffany Cameron surveys the field during a game at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.

The No. 23 Ohio State women’s soccer team will open its regular season this weekend with two matches, one against Morehead State and the other against Eastern Michigan.

OSU is hoping to repeat their success from last season, going 16-4-2, winning the Big Ten Tournament and making its fourth-straight appearance in the NCAA Tournament. It was the third Big Ten championship since coach Lori Walker took over the program.

The Buckeyes fell in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament at home against Oakland 3-1 on penalty kicks.

Senior defender Megan Fuller, who finished third on the squad with six assists, will return to help anchor a defense that only allowed 14 goals in 22 matches last season. Fuller is one of seven starters returning from last season’s team.

The Buckeyes’ biggest hole to fill this year is on offense, after the graduation of star forward Tiffany Cameron.

Cameron, a two-time first team All-Big Ten choice and a 2012 second team All-American, scored 21 goals in her senior season and added five assists to put her at the top of the OSU record books with 47 points on the season.

Morehead State struggled during 2012, managing only 2 wins, but look to improve this year with nine starters returning to the team. The Eagles are 0-1 all-time against OSU, losing 5-0 in 2005.

Eastern Michigan, who is returning 10 starters from last season’s 11-6-2 team, will play their first ever game against the Buckeyes.

The Buckeyes won their only preseason match, beating Miami (Fla.) 1-0 behind a 14th minute goal from freshman forward Nichelle Prince.

OSU will take on Morehead State on Friday at 7 p.m. and Eastern Michigan on Sunday at 6 p.m. Both games will be played at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.